Monday 12 November 2012

DIY Tribal iphone cover design tutorial

Anyone who knows me well enough will know that I'm no artsy-fartsy kind of person, in fact the exact opposite.. So this was kinda a new project to me. The 'tribal' or 'aztec' design is very popular now and is replicated all over, in clothes, bags, accessories etc and i have to admit it is a nice design :)

Nails <33



Cards<3



Clothes<3

Handphone covers!! So pretty~

However to buy one such case for my iphone would cost about $10-$20, so I decided to make it myself!

YOU WOULD NEED:

1) A transparent iphone case ( i got mine from scape @ 2 for $3 :) )


2) A plain white sheet of paper



3) A set of colour pencils



















4) A black pen







WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

1) Place the transparent case on the sheet of paper, as such


2) Trace out the shape of the iphone using a pencil, along the edges of the case ( be sure to include the hole for the camera)


3) Cut it out!!

4) Place the cut-out paper into the case to make sure it fits where it should. Cut away the unnecessary edges and make sure the camera hole is aligned properly, before cutting it out.


5) Take out the paper and start designing babeh!!

You can draw a line using a black pen before using the colour pencils to draw any designs you can possibly think of :) 
Note that you'll probably run out of ideas halfway, especially if you're an uncreative soul like me, so you can search online for inspiration if you'd like ( i got mine from this blog )


Halfway through and I was already tired whew...
But though you need a lot of patience to complete this task, in the end it's all worth it as you get....

THIS!!<33 or something like it anyway. Somehow the colours and patterns all come together to make up a beautiful mess <3 
Check out the real mess after I was done wheww

(ok i know mine is far far from perfect but I'll try again!! Maybe i'll buy more plain handphone cases to practice my designing skills as its really quite addictive :) )

*Note that you'll need to do some alterations to the paper yourself to make sure it fits the case well enough ( like cutting a hole for the charging port at the base, cutting away excess paper at the sides etc)

But if a noob97 like me can do it i bet anyone can too!! Have fun trying this out~

PS I'm really really busy this few weeks. It's a wonder how i have any time to blog sigh ):

kbye~~









2 comments:

  1. You are very creative making your own unique iphone casing! Very nice :D

    ReplyDelete