Saturday 29 December 2012

Orlando: Day 8

So on day 8, we went to Sea World! It was one of the places we were debating whether to go before, but as my parents had been to the San Diego one before and were impressed by the shamu (killer whale) performance, they wanted to bring us to one to let us experience the same. It opened at
The entrance! The walruses are fake by the way.

Posing with the shamu :)
Somehow I can't remember much about this day so I'll just write according to the pictures. Sea World mostly offers shows and a few roller coaster and kid's rides, and thus isn't that much of a 'theme park' in that sense.

After some debate, we decided to ride The Kraken, the scariest roller coaster ride in town ;) It is rated one of the top roller coasters in the world!! Surprisingly my brother mustered up the courage to follow my mom and I despite numerous hesitations  :) Good job bro!! 



This is how it looks from an aerial perspective ( when we were riding the Sky Tower later--> something like the Carlsberg rotating tower at Sentosa) Check out the drop and the loops!!

It was not that bad surprisingly ( not bad as in..I survived) and I just closed my eyes and screamed my lungs out pretty much throughout the ride, to the extent that my throat hurt afterwards. However my brother beside me didn't scream! A few times ( especially during the loops) I felt like my glasses were falling out so I had to put my hand to my face to secure them haha :P Overall it certainly was an experience to brag about and 3 cheers to my brother who managed to overcome his fears! ( It did give him a great boost of confidence after)

Picture my aunt took of me with some pretty red flowers! Don't I blend right in? :P

And at last..the much anticipated Shamu show! It was called 'One World', and is the most popular show in Sea World, to the extent that one has to be present at the stadium preferably 45 mins before. We decided to sit at the 'soak zone' right in the middle, with no fear as we came prepared with ponchos purchased previously at Walmart. ( Once bitten twice shy, see :) ) From where we at we got awesome views of the Shamu as they performed their stunts right in front of us!

It was a great show and I was constantly awed by the size of the Shamu's and their incredible stunts and intellect. Their huge glistening powerful bodies and vivid colours made me want to touch them ( if they weren't killer whales, of course). The show also advocated the importance of taking care of the environment. Despite the fact that the whales were already so big to me, my parents said the ones at San Diego were bigger! O: I really can't imagine.

Watching the manta rays :) They're so gorgeous ( albeit a little plain :P)


Dory!! (I'm still a lame nemo fan at heart :) )
We spent quite a lot of our time at an aquarium admiring the beautiful fish.

Personalized viewing area ;) I'm actually writhing in pain as I underestimated my height and conked my head on top of the glass cylinder thingy ):



Nemo and my brother!! :)

Eatin' a fish for dinner

Dolphin at dolphin cove! we wanted to feed them but it closed just as we went there ):
We stayed at Sea World until the closing time of 5.30pm and slightly beyond, and we were the last batch of people to watch the 'turtle tale' 3D show, which showed life from a turtle's perspective, from the moment she was born as an egg to the moment she lay her own eggs. Interesting but nausea-causing :P
Seaworld was a fun experience but it somehow lacked the professional feel one gets from Disneyland/ Universal Studios :P
As it was early, we decided to go to CiCi's Pizza, a pizza buffet place my aunt had wanted to take us to. It was pretty cheap, at about US$5.99 per person, but we had to pay slightly more for drinks :)

They offered salads other than pizzas! 

And macaroni soup which was really nice :)
CiCi's serves up all kinds of pizza, and you can customize a pizza according to your tastes and they will immediately make one for you. Cool eh?

Mac & Cheese pizza! i didn't try this though..

Check out the row of pizzas! They even serve up dessert pizzas such as the apple pie pizza ( which tasted slightly weird and too sweet :P)
The pizza quality is great for such a price but I did get sick of them eventually haha :)










No comments:

Post a Comment